Friday, 16 January 2009

Haha... Today I a bit over hyper. First thing in the morning make me hyper throughout the day. Lol... Today during silent reading period, I didn't get my newspaper, so I was looking around. Then I saw my classmate's paper, she was reading life section, and so coincidence, that page got... ... FUNG!!! Yeah, Fung pic, so I quickly borrow from my friend. My friend look at me, then she give me the same pattern againg, shake her head. Ting Hui and Paula arh... ... Naughty sisters. Qi fu mei mei... ... Then later during P.E, I keep making Paula. Hahahaha.... She wanna hit me liao... But she never. Haha... Well, I think I dun talk too much le, I'll post out the interview, but strictly NO copyright. Means that if u wanna post it somewhere else, pls credit the orginal source of the interview.

Interview :

Acting takes a backseat

TVB actor Raymond Lam wants to concentrate on his singing career with a new CD in the works

Hong Kong star Raymond Lam may have just won a best actor award for his role as a sect leader in The Master Of Tai Chi but the 29-year-old is concentrating on singing this year.
The handsome star won Best Drama Actor at the Asian Television Awards 2008 held in Singapore last month for playing Tuen Hiu Singin the 25-episode Cantonese period drama.
However, Lam, one of the most popular male artistes in Hong KongTVB station, told Life! in Mandarin over the telephone recently that he signed up for just one drama this year so he could focus on his third album. He normally acts in at least two TV dramas a year.
The as-yet-untitled album is slated to be released this year.
The first two albums by Lam, who sings in Cantonese, are Searching For You In Loving Memories (2007) and Your Love (2008). Both were hits.
He may be multi-talented but he is not one for the multi-tasking, he says. "When I think of myself as a singer, I will not be vice versa. If I am distracted, I will not be able to do my job well."
For his new album, the star, who is single, says he wants to have more upbeat songs compared to his earlier releases which contain mostly slow, romantic numbers.
It is only in the initial stage of production and he says he is unsure what the final product will be like.
During the interview from Hong Kong, Lam, who has also starred in TV dramas such as Moonlight Resonance and The Four, said of his win at the television awards : "I think I won because the show is about taiji and focuses strongly on Chinese culture. That makes it very different and unique, which is why it stands out."
The role was a tough learning curve for him as he had no martial arts background.
The hardworking actor had to learn the moves from a taiji expert for several hours a day in the month before production started.
He says : "There was a lot of close body combat in the duel scenes, so I was glad I took lessons beforehand."
He notes with some pride that many of his friends assumed he has a martial arts background when they watched the show.
He adds : "I am very glad because it means that the final product looks good and viewers can see that I used real taiji skills."
Lam, who comes from a wealthy family, was not popular with colleagues when he first ventured into the industry.
Critics called him a rich young man who was not enthusiastic about acting. However, he proved them wrong with his passion for the craft as well as the awards he garnered. Besides his recent award, he also won Favourite Male Character and Most Popular TVB Artistes Blog at last year's TVB 41st Anniversary Awards.
He usually plays brooding heroes, but says he would love to play a role involving a crazy, schizophrenicand psychotic character.
He says : "Such role would be fun because it is different and I know I would be able to handle it. Most importantly, the script must be very good."
As for which sort of role he prefers - period or contemporary - he says he has no preference.
He likes period roles which portray a historical person because that poses and interesting challenge for him. But he also like modern roles, he says because he can add more elements to a character.
** End Of Interview **

Credit to : Straits time Life! section
Typing credit : Ling ling @ tvblover.blogspot.com

IF U WANNA RE-POST THIS INTERVIEW IN ANY OTHER PLACES, PLS TYPE OUT THE TWO CREDITS. THANK YOU.

No comments: